Thursday, December 18, 2008

Life

38 years ago today, I was born. I have lived a really nice life and today I got to celebrate with loved ones, had lunch with dh (just the 2 of us!), received cards, ate birthday cake (for breakfast!), and opened some nice gifts. A pretty great day overall.

I was catching up on sending/ receiving email and I got an email from an old childhood friend. Earlier in the week, she endured one of the most horrible things that can even happen. The family was involved in a terrible car accident and she lost her only child, a 14 month old daughter. My heart aches for her and the family. I cannot understand or comprehend this. Why did this happen? I don't know. How can one survive this? I don't know. I hold my children tight and am grateful for the time I have with them. Hopefully, a long time.

2 comments:

Erica Kain said...

Happy Birthday, what a year it's been for you. Very sad about your friend, I can't imagine.

Anonymous said...

Happy belated birthday! It sounds like you had a great day :-) Here's to a wonderful 38th year; may each day only get better and better!