Monday, December 08, 2008

Bouncing back

Physically, this time after childbirth, I am much stronger physically. Mentally, better too, however I have another cold that is making me nuts and my upper lip and nose super sore. I have spent so much money on Puffs with lotion and buying pseudoephdrine (no, mr. pharmacist, I am not making meth with this stuff...just trying to unclog my left nostril and sinus).

Today I went to stock up on supplies at Wallyworld and buy a few Xmas gifts. There are sure a lot of people who have time to shop at 10am on a Monday morning. It completely exhausted me and I scarfed down lunch, watched "A Baby Story" on TLC and passed out on the couch until it was time to pick up my daughter at school. The Baby story episode was touching...a lady with a brain tumor that appeared clinically with the epidural for her 2nd pregnancy. She had surgery (2!) to remove it and was giving birth to her 3rd child. She was remarking (her dh too) that having a baby at age 40 was really different as she was so tired. Tiring indeed.

No comments: