Monday, December 15, 2008

Doing my part

Just returned from Tarjay again and left a bunch of money there in exchange for some bags of baby stuff, 2 Xmas gifts, canned goods, 1 black skirt for mommy, a dozen eggs, and an organizing bin for wee one's room. I can't seem to get out of there under 3 figures this month. I laugh at the days when I was a poor student and was stressed about spending $30 there!

It is kind of weird right now to be spending money, not only because of the relentless media honking about the economy, but because I am not working right now. Dh is working of course, and I saved up money for this leave, but it is still a bit uneasy to me. I suppose it is some of kind internal fear in me about not being able to take care of myself/ my kids. Who knows...money comes and goes anyway. I am blessed in so many other ways I can't even count.

Next week is the big Xmas lollapalooza with my IL's who go overboard...I have been cleaning out closets and bookshelves in my house as I know new things will be gathering there. They probably think I am not very thoughtful (although this year I have an excuse...Hey I just gave birth!) as I tend to give large fruit baskets from a catalog (from a local grower!). The kids all get gifts, of course. Xmas time is very special especially this year as I gaze on my sleeping baby...sleep in heavenly peace indeed.

No comments: