Monday, December 22, 2008

Bottomless pits

Today is a cloudy, cold wintry day here and all MSB and I want to do is EAT! Wee one doesn't eat, she just bounces from room to room, occasionally stopping to consume some candy she has found (we were cleaning out closets this weekend) or a piece of fruit from the fruit bowl. But MSB and I are a different story. Our stomachs are bottomless pits, demanding, milk for MSB (either mommy's or similax)---she doesn't care, and for mommy, anything edible in the kitchen. I have been trying to cut back on wheat products after reading a theory on possible opiate like effects of wheat peptides on the colon and because the baby and I are so gassy all the time this past week. It is much harder than it seems to avoid wheat/ gluten. Rice, potatoes, corn, corn chips, etc...until I can get to the grocery store and regroup. I did make some really kick-as* Muddy buddies chex mix with rice (gluten free for my celiac diseased sis in law and nephew). Those really rock. I should be taking a nap right now but I have to appease the hunger 1st or else I can't fall asleep. I am going to try and be healthy and attack the box of pears from Harry and Davi$ I just got in the mail.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy holidays, and happy eating!