Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Care and feeding of your child

MSB is doing well and doing all the things that a newborn should. Her check up last week went smoothly. Weight gain documented, head measured, and reminders about feeding guidelines reviewed.

Wee one is in a big NO phase and it occasionally makes all of us NUTS! I let her eat too much candy today (candy canes) and she didn't nap so who knows what may transpire this evening. I am about to climb into a big bath and maybe she will join me. She missed her bath last night because she passed out right after dinner. It was way too cold anyway so her skin actually was probably saved by keeping those extra oils on.

I am enjoying my time and got out of the house for some beauty treatments (haircut, pedicure) yesterday and today. I still look tired in spite of that and the help I have (babysitter in the afternoons). Some people are asking me if I am back at work yet...dude, it's only been 2 weeks since I had the baby...need more sleep/ rest.

Tomorrow I am going to see my OB and we are going to discuss a hormone secreting IUD (mirena). He recommended this instead of a tubal so I plan on trying this even though I am not sure about having something in me. But at this point, no more pregnancies for me please.

No comments: