Wednesday, April 30, 2008

I don't know how anyone puts up with me

Sick and tired returned today with a sprinkling of sobbing at lunchtime over a sentimental expression on the TV show 'Househunters" and a splathering of heartburn tonight after a spaghetti dinner. I am really surprised my dh has not gone running for the nearest bachelor pad/ frat house. I rarely cry and in the middle of my cheese sandwich and campbell soup lunch, the lady on tv said "this house is not just a house to us, it's a home." I burst out sobbing and my cat looked up at me quizzically. Thank goodness no one else was home at the time...I would be really embarassed, even in front of my 2 year old. I was really craving spaghetti and my dear dh made the dinner tonight. As I was spooning up the last of the marinara sauce with my piece of bread, I recalled in my 1st pregnancy, I could not eat any canned tomato products due to ferocious heartburn. Well, this time it is ferocious x 5...sucking on TUMS at the moment...ick.

Don't get me wrong. I am really happy to be pregnant and these symptoms assure me that I still am. However, I am so not myself right now (other than the wonderful time yesterday afternoon and evening) that it is really throwing me for a loop.

1 comment:

Erica Kain said...

I am so there with you. That's pretty funny that you started crying at that line in the show... for me, with my pregnancy with Chebbles, it was that credit card commercial with the Five for Fighting song in it. When the dad lays his sleeping daughter down in bed, I truly lost my marbles.

Anyway, it does sound like a lot of reassuring symptoms, but I know that it sucks, it really sucks to not have a normal moment with your own body. I was looking at Angelina Jolie today, pregnant and seemingly not crying/barfing/freaking out. Some people get all the luck. Well, our babies are even cuter than Shiloh in the end.

Oh, and at least in the case of Baby V, heartburn means HAIR!!