Thursday, April 10, 2008

Nada Mucho

Well, the ultrasound didn't help much...we found the sac and my HUGE uterus, but no heartbeat. She thinks it is smaller/ less far along than I thought (size is more like 5 weeks than 6) and we'll try again next week. My BFF the OB is recommending doing 2 serial betas to make us all feel better. However, you don't usually see a heartbeat well at 5-6 weeks, so I am not freaking out yet. I am getting a beta drawn today and in 48 hours to see if it is increasing. My RE called and even before I did the U/S., she had said, oh you might not see it...you can come by and let me check later if you want. We did see a lot of blood flow and I still feel very pregnant, so I take that as good signs...

1 comment:

Erica Kain said...

That sucks that you didn't get the reassurance that you deserved at this stage in the game. Keep us posted, I'm rooting for you and the wee-est one of all.