Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Holey moley, a positive pregnancy test!

I was at work today and decided to check a pregnancy test. I, of course, didn't have high hopes as there have been so many negative tests in the past. I dripped the urine in and watched as the fluid seeped across the test. Hard to see, this one has some crinkly plastic across the window. Hmmm...why is it making that extra line...EXTRA LINE?!? I gasped and carried the test carefully to the lab and showed my nurse. "DR KOG! YOU'RE PREGNANT!" she exclaimed. I was in shock and told her to keep it under wraps because I am very, very early in this crazy game. I called my dh as soon as I could shoo all the people interrupting me in my office and told him that this WAS NOT AN APRIL FOOL JOKE. (He said he would have really been fooled if I had and would have appreciated in a sick twisted dark humor kind of way). What's funny is that he took the crib apart yesterday for storage in the attic. So, #2, due in November, conceived likely on my 5th wedding anniversary...here we go...stick around and we'll have a ball!

3 comments:

Erica Kain said...

Wow, this is exciting news -- how surreal! Good thing that pregnancy tests don't do April Fool's jokes. What a thrilling and mind-boggling time for you!

Anonymous said...

OMG OMG! WOW I'm so glad I took a moment to come over and check in. OMG! So happy for you!! No wonder you were feeling a bit out of it!!! Congrats Toffee!!! What wonderful news!

Anonymous said...

Whoo-hoo!! Congrats Toff...sorry it took me a few days to get over and see the good news. Crazy seems to be a way of life in my parts these days :-)

Wonderful news and so lovely. Hope you're feeling good and all is going well with the passenger (and the big girl too).

Congrats again!