Sunday, April 20, 2008

Thank you bloggers & friends, you are awesome and strong

I went back and perused a few of my favorite blogs to the time where they were in their pregnancies at the point where I am at now. I found the secret blog called Straits of Hell on the Quake Shaken Mama blog that she did when she was worried about miscarrying. It comforted me very much to know that those emotions and feelings were shared by others and I wasn't just completely off my rocker here recently. It is a horrible, abyss of unknown fear...physically paralyzing, icky stuff. All produced by the various chemicals in my brain triggered by my emotions and worries. So, thank you, I know it was not fun during that time, but thank you for writing about it. It really helped me.
Yesterday, I was at a picnic and a few gals were gathered around the table talking pregnancy stuff (no one knows I am at this point) and 2 of them talked about miscarriage...one awfully at almost 19 weeks. They are wonderful women, strong, smart, happy demeanor people. I don't know how they got through all that, but I admire their strength and faith even more.

2 comments:

Erica Kain said...

Hey there -- I'm so glad that blog was there for you. I can't read it, nor my archives surrounding my miscarriages. Not until I'm totally done reproducing, those emotions are so strong and terrible and they still haunt me. But I'm SO HAPPY you had a kind of sisterhood with my last-year-self, and now we've learned that all this worry and heartache and nausea can and DOES result in beautiful babies!!!

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear you're feeling so sick lately :-( Glad to know, though, that you were able to find some comfort in the fact the worries and anxiety you have are shared by lots of us who've been there. Shaken mama says it well...all this worry and whatnot does indeed result in beautiful healthy babies!