Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Insomnia/ Homer Simpson

Insomnia again...mostly due to a large 2 year old's head abutting against my upper back/ neck area tonight. She and dh were sleeping in her room (he on the floor by accident keeping her company while she fell asleep) but at 3am they both came trundling into the master suite where mommy was sleeping peacefully. So I have a million things running thru my head now so I thought I would just do some catch up (charge cell phone, email, etc.).

I looked at my naked self from waist up today. I totally look like Homer Simpson. Everything is pouchy. Perhaps I can blame it all on the pregnancy, but I suspect all the lazing about and take out food is not really helping. I did cook tonight, but I used a new seasoning mix that is still stuck on my tongue (ick) but is fading out. I think a lot of my crabiness is that I can't drink soft drinks and haven't been able to for the last month due to horrible heartburn. When someone is as clean living as me (no smoking no drinking), my one soda a day was my pleasure. At least I can eat doughnuts, DUH!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Toffee this pg has been a toughie for you so far.
I know about clean living and needing a treat - if I couldn't have my every-other-day decaf mocha frap with whip I'd be an absolute bear.
I hope you're sleeping better and that the heartburn eases up on you soon.

Erica Kain said...

Oh man, I miss being able to eat doughnuts. I walked past them at the grocery store a few days ago, and we exchanged wistful glances. AND when your'e breastfeeding, you can have alcohol either!? Man.

Anonymous said...

Well said.