Friday, November 14, 2008

Warm up labor

Have been having irregular contractions since 4 am this morning. Nothing in a pattern yet, just the tightening and sometimes back pain. In the haziness of being half asleep, I wonder, hey, is this for real or is it gas or am I dreaming? You'd think since I've done this before I would have a clue, but I have never made it this far. So I am somewhere between 36.5 and 37.5 weeks along, but as the doctor (who believes I am more 37.5 by my LMP) said the other day, the baby should be all baked by now more or less (I had this sudden image of a biscuit when he said that.) Is is time to get the honey and butter out yet?

He even offered the option of induction next week if I wanted. That kind of blew my mind (as I have been fixated on keeping the baby INSIDE because of the preterm history), but I told him I would just continue along and see if it would happen naturally unless he thought there was a reason to do anything.

1 comment:

Erica Kain said...

That is so thrilling! I can't believe you're so close.

My doctor said the same thing, that he would do my C-section at 38 weeks if I wanted to. Some days, I think, "The first POSSIBLE day, thank you!"