Saturday, November 29, 2008

Black Friday/ shopping fun

Just got back from a trip to Tar-jay where I was clutching my "save $15 off purchase of $150 or more" coupon at the checkout lane wondering if I had bought enough. Let's just say I almost could have used 2 coupons... Anyhoo, we weren't even really Xmas shopping, just getting some necessities (humidifier for our dry climate + heater coming on, maxi pads, Dora sippy cups, frozen pizza, etc) for our daily life. We have been surprised this weekend how empty our town seems. The park, the restaurants, the shops...not even as busy as usual weekends. I know some of it is people going out of town and some may be the economy, but we were in one of those pockets of the country where the bad times have not hit just yet (they hit really bad about 25 years ago and people still remember those times). We did get some super deals on a few DVDs....Monty Python's Holy Grail, and Moulin Rouge (probably a stocking stuffer for my MIL, lover of all things movie musical.

I am still mostly an internet shopper for other stuff. So convenient and such fun to get boxes at the door. I recently discovered a great site for comfortable bras (I hate bras) called blue canoe. I ordered one for nursing and have a few more ordered to try. It has been kind of discouraging being postpartum shape, but I went through some of my closet yesterday and have managed to find some clothing that I can wear/ live with until the middle part of me becomes less prominent (hopefully). I may hop over to academy and get some clothes (they have great prices) to tide me over. I received a super comfy warm up set from there as a gift last week and it actually fits!

No comments: