Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Preschool Stress

As I lift my head out of the fog of being pregnant, hormones, and general unwellness, I notice that my wee one and others are trying to tell me the new preschool ("the best in the city")isn't working out as we had planned. Various concerning things like how we are struggling to get her up, dressed, and there without being "tardy," how dirty she was when she came home several times, to our nanny's concerns about the teachers approach to talking to the kids, to how more structured the school is than I thought would be for 3 year olds, and etc.

So we are leaving and I am going to put her back into her little mother's day out where she can be painting, playing , and laughing, and we don't have to always be on time. Wee one is excited agreed to this change and got out her old hello kitty lunch box this morning...oh sweetie, we are going to have a holiday this week and we'll start Monday.

I had really agonized about this in the 1st place and understand that for her this will not be the right place. I hate to think she was ever unhappy, but didn't really know how to express it very well to me...oh the agony of parenting when you make a wrong decision. I should have known it from her school pictures...the old one she is sweetly smiling and the new one she looks dazed. Live and learn.

No comments: