Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Pee pee jug on ice

Came back today from high risk OB visit with a brown jug in my hand for a 24 hour urine collection. I dipped protein on the urinalysis the last visit and this one. Super fun. yay. My blood pressures have been fine and I don't have any swelling anywhere (except my belly) so they are not too worried. So I am keeping my jug on ice in a trash can in my bathroom so I don't contaminate my refrigerator (actually non infected urine is actually sterile, but I can't deal with food and waste products in the same place). So various members of my household (my parents are visiting) have been asking me why I am carrying bowls of ice into my room. I tell them they don't really want to know but I tell them why. Everyone then goes, ewww...oh. Fun times, fun times.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I actually bought a styrofoam cooler to keep my jug. I did collections every week starting at 24 weeks. The worst was bringing it in - toward the end I had no shame and would just lug it in transparent plastic bags. Handling and storing urine IS such a yucky endeavor though.

I hope you're feeling better. I keep checking in here wondering WHEN it's going to happen!!

Irish Girl said...

Heh. It's just pee. But, then again, my job description is chalk full of dealing with bodily fluids. ;-)

Hope you're feeling better. Keep up posted!