Sunday, November 23, 2008

My Sweet Baby

MSB was born Friday at 12:15 pm weighing 6 lbs 6 oz and 19 1/4 " long. She came out after a little pitocin, a nice epidural, scalp monitor/rom (neat trick by L&D nurse) and 6 pushes from mom. In all it took about 3.5 hours. There were a few scary decels of the fetal heart rate (with contractions) but they resolved when I turned from lying on my left side to almost sitting up!

She was a hearty crier at birth and right away we noticed her beautiful full head of dark wavy hair and the loveliest set of fingers I have ever seen on a baby (long, tapered with oval nails).

We came home today and I'll add more when I get the chance...

4 comments:

Irish Girl said...

Welcome MSB! Congrats Toffee! Can't wait to hear more, as time permits :-) Be well in the meantime.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Mommy!!! Can't wait for pics! Glad to hear there was no drama! Welcome, baby girl!

Erica Kain said...

Oh HUZZAH!!!! And it's a GIRL! how delicious. A girl with HAIR, like our Gigi. Congratulations! You're in the two-gal club. I'm SO HAPPY FOR YOU!

Anonymous said...

Congrats Tof! So glad to hear that all went smoothly and that baby and mom are doing good :-)

Welcome to this world MSB!