Friday, January 25, 2008

Karen Katz books

Recently I got wee one the 4 book set of Karen Katz flap books that she has really enjoyed. She already had the Grandpa one, but she had ripped all the flaps out about 1 year ago and I wanted to get the other members in this family series. So we have Grandpa and me make a pizza, Grandma visits and brings gifts, Dad and me use cool tools (a saw!), and Where is Mommy? The observation I have made after reading this series a few times us that Grandpa, Grandma, and Daddy all are doing neat things with baby and Mommy (noted on the 1st page if the book as to be playing hide and seek), is HIDING from her child. Hiding in her bed with the covers pulled up ....my dh jokes, "I just can't take it anymore!" Maybe I am just jaded....

1 comment:

Erica Kain said...

I have hidden from Chebbles so often -- there should be a Karen Katz book dedicated solely to me... slipping out the back door when she was an infant, so I could go to yoga class... closing my office door and maintaining silence... then the flaps would reveal a surprised and alarmed MAMA!!!