Sunday, January 13, 2008

Brain massage

Yesterday while our dh's were hitting little white balls around the local golf course, my friend and I went to the park with our kiddies and fed the ducks. It was a beautiful day...a little on the cool windy side, but blue skies and clear air otherwise. As a frequent watcher of Curious George on PBS, one of my favorite episodes is George feeding the ducks and the narrator comments that that activity was like getting a "brain massage." As enjoyable and relaxing as the ducks were, I enjoyed more watching the kids play together and frolic in and about the ducks and pigeons that had gathered around. We went to get some lunch and even got free ice cream! A wonderful day, after the nutty week I have experienced. The nice day was also meaningful as my friend will be moving away soon. I will miss her and I know she is moving on to better things. I am glad we could have this memorable day together.

No comments: