Monday, February 04, 2008

My ovary is pissed

Saturday morning, I woke up with a funny lower back pain that I attributed to having worked a very long stressful week. It got worse over the day and I felt a little better after a warm bath. I joked to my dh that it was probably my ovary as it was 2 week ago that AF came. I figured a good night's sleep and I would be fine. Well, I woke up better but the pain came back and I felt swollen over my right lower abdomen area. More pain killers...I busted out the ones from my surgery I had this summer. Today it got worse and I couldn't concentrate on my work so I called up my doc and they got me in. He agreed with me that it was likely my ovary...cyst prob but it didn't feel humongous or anything. He gave me more painkillers and I have an ultrasound on Wed. It is mostly bearable except at night when I want to sleep so I take something. I hate taking something, but it helps me get some rest. I have this thought that my mind has now told my body it wants another baby and the egg is struggling to get out but is stuck in my ovary....blame it all on hormones. I am exhausted by the pain and hope it resolves soon.

1 comment:

Erica Kain said...

That ovary does sound really pissed! I'm sorry you had to break out the big guns to deal with the pain, and I hope you feel better soon -- and that your ovary goes to anger management...