Friday, February 08, 2008

Femara, a new hope

I went to see my RE the other day for a general check up and to discuss what she thought about me getting help to get pregnant again. I had a good checkup and she scanned my pissed ovary, which turned out to show it had just ovulated. She told me it was time to try and offered up a new drug she is using instead of clomid, Femara. I am to call her when Aunt Flo shows up. I felt pretty sure I want to do this again, but after this week of pain and my visit with her, I am not sure again. Conflicted, unsure, etc. I told my dh and now I am worried he will run off with a younger, more fertile person. (I have a history of men leaving me...leftover baggage) After a fitful night of sleep and weird dreams, I am still not quite sure but I thought, I am stronger, better, more fertile than I may think and dh is an idiot if he would do something like that (any man would be). Some of it maybe after talking with my mom, she told me she doesn't think I should do the "shots" again. technically, femara is pills, so maybe I should think/ pray about it more.
My dh would like for us to get pregnant the old fashioned way (I would too), but he was there with me through thick and thin of the stuff leading up to IVF. Perhaps, I am just content now to have the three of us...terrible twos really makes me reconsider having another one.

1 comment:

Erica Kain said...

How intriguing... Femara. I'll be interested to hear about your experiences with this new frontier, if you decide to go ahead with it.

And yeah, it's hard to think of kind of messing up our nice, idyllic lives with more babies, isn't it? Even at this late stage, I'm thinking, "What have I DONE?" When Chebbles is being a "terrific" two-year-old and being cuddly and cooperative, it's hard to think I'm voluntarily rocking this peaceful world with another baby.