Tuesday, October 31, 2006

WIMPY ASS MOTHER SPEAKING

Well, we completed our 1st airplane trip with Wee One to visit grandparents who live 500 miles away. We survived a 3 hour delay (thankfully waiting was done in the open spaciousness of the terminal and not trapped in a plane) and orange level security and presenting our baby bottle of milk at the security checkpoint to be scrutinized. I am not sure I can do it again. I really like the flexibility of car travel and I am physically tired from the baby and stuff lugging around. Planes are really cramped and not too fun with a wiggly toddler either. Her bottle rolled under my seat and under the feet of the lady behind me. Wee One saw it and cried for it. I did some kind of body contortion and had to dive head first to try to get it. Then the lady behind me had to help. I should have sent Wee One to get it.

YES, I AM A WIMPY ASS MOTHER. So for all those who backpack with their kids thru Europe and trek in the African jungle and jetset to New Zealand, I applaud you but I cannot be you. Actually we were jetsetters in a way as we traveled to attend my sister's engagement party....Wee One Paris Hilton!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are not a wimp... it is HARD traveling with a baby... REALLY HARD. I really yearn for the days I used to get on planes with my Nintendo GameBoy and just zone out and wait for the drink cart, and maybe sleep. Hahahahahahahaaha.... as if that will ever happen again!