Thursday, January 24, 2013

Day 25 - Boxes on my doorstep

Packages arrived via UPs on my doorstep yesterday and today - was it fun stuff?  Well, one was a iron to replace the one I bought 14 months ago (1 year warranty was not help there).  Another was a the clothing I bought for my girls - some for now and some for next year.  Do they really need that many shirts?  Yes, somehow they do...my older one is quite petite and delicate looking but is very hard on her clothing (gnaws on the sleeves as a bad nervous habit). 

DH asked me how my shopping diet was going and I answered in a crazy, crabby way - why do you ask, did you buy something?  Well, he said, yes, I did.  We each have separate accounts and a joint account and the understanding that half his check goes in the joint and the other is his to do with want he wants, no questions asked.  I kind of do that but I get paid monthly so I usually dump it all into the joint and then spend what I want.   But I have mostly linked internet shopping to my other account...the one for the crazy impulse purchases. So, like food diets, this one has made me a little crazy but at the same time as made me stop to think if I really need to buy it or it is just some kind of bad habit.

No comments: