Friday, January 11, 2013

Day 13 - coupons

Clipped some coupons today of some staples (eggs, tortilla chips) and fun stuff (cookies, strawberries) and went shopping with my daughter afterschool.  She enjoyed looking thru my coupons and telling me what to get next. 

I started some savings account at Smarty Pig (thanks QSM).  I have always saved but not for something specific.  Like I would say, hey we need a new car, but have some nebulous idea of taking a loan, selling my old car, etc to somehow have enough money.  This way, I have a sum of money for something specific and can see where its going.  I don't think I really realized how much we spent on things and how much things have risen in price (without my income doing so!).  I have been very fortunate that I have been able to save over the years and have some cushion  But honestly I don't really know if its really enough or if I am dipping into it too much.

I did slip last night a looked at a bunch of things on the internet, but I didn't buy anything.  I put some things on a wish list for my anniversary present and as we have a trip planned (and already bought) it's just something small.

1 comment:

Erica Kain said...

That's awesome about Smarty Pig. This morning I resolved to open a new goal there and get started with another savings account, even though I don't yet know what it would be for.