Tuesday, January 08, 2013

Day 10 - shopping lists

Made a purchase of some books I need for for today and I even debated about if I really, really needed them even though I have an expense account for those kind of things.  And, yes, I really, really need them to do my job.  My patients have been talking a lot about cutting out food, caffiene, etc in their New Year's Resolutions and how that has affected them.  And inside my head, I could relate to their yearning to do something good, to be better. 

I took Loulou to the market with me today afterschool and she actually has good shopping habits now.  She had a list from school of supplies she needed and she stuck to the list.  I did let her pick out some treats in the cookie aisle to refill our snack area in the pantry.  And she got to pick out what we had for dinner.  It was her idea to make a list (handy notebook and pen in my purse) and we followed it and she was satisfied.  I should aspire to be as she is.

No comments: