Thursday, May 10, 2007

Randomness

I finally got over the coughing, hacking part of my bronchitis but still am having some really bad pain on the left side of my chest. Now, I have a chronic pain because by a rib being out of whack but this has been really bad especially at night when I am sleeping. So I went to the doctor and became a patient once again (I like being the doctor, not the patient). The xray show one funny spot so I went to get a CAT scan. It was going pretty well until they injected some contrast material in me and I got this horrible about to barf feeling, sneezing, and a bad feeling in my throat. YIKES! They stopped it and sent me home with some allergy medication. The radiologist said the lungs looked good but would study the films more. I got a call from my doctor this morning and she said she wanted to see me in her office today. I went over and she wants to finish the scan, but this time with pre-medication for the allergic reaction I had. They are worried about a lesion on my rib. The scan will be in the morning at the hospital so they can watch me closely.

I am still kind of in denial about all this, after all the pain has been there for a long time, just worse since I have been coughing my head off. Part of me says not to worry until I know more and part of me is in deep introspection about life and possibly having a scary fatal condition. I mean, I am a young healthy mother of a 2 year old, a loving dh, a great job, and a new house. I have reached time in my life which is wonderful so I can't be sick. No way.

No comments: