Sunday, May 20, 2007

And life resumes

I am living the next 3 weeks before the surgery as normally as I can. It is nice having life return to normal for a bit. I am getting things ready for when I can't be doing much and for my parents to come stay with me. New bed and mattress for the guest room and of course, new bedding (I love buying linens) and rearrangement of old bedding. Nesting, I think this is called..feathering the nest. I've had a lot of nice thoughts coming my way from friends, family, and church. I am usually quiet about my health, but this time I knew I needed some support and prayers. Not just for me but for my dh and wee one...some help for them as I am dealing with all this. And also in some ways, to let my friends know not to ignore symptoms that just won't go away.

I think I have been also coping by shopping. Maybe a little too much shopping but I am a bargain hunter so my cc is not maxed out yet!!!!

1 comment:

Erica Kain said...

Yes, that definitely sounds like nesting! It's kind of good that you have a few weeks to prepare, rather than have something suddenly occur, I guess.

And thank you, by the way, for the shoe advice. I caught your shopping therapy bug, and bought the shoes from Zappos!