Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Get that sucker out!

I saw my surgeon (who reminds me of "Red Duke" the guy who used to do medical stories on TV in the Dallas area) and he wants to cut. I am relieved actually. I was worried it might be a well, we could take it out now or later or never, you have to decide situation. He says if it doesn't come out, it could break, have no chance of healing, and cause me the greatest pain with every breath I took. He is worried it is so fragile that he has banned me from any heavy lifting until the surgery is done and healed...yes folks that includes the wiggly 2 year old person in my house. I have about 3 weeks before the operation due to some scheduling issues so I had having others do the lifting. I have never had major surgery. He was vague about recovery time but made it sound like I would be fine within a week or 2. I am not so sure as it involves cutting, spreading muscles, taking part of the rib out, general anesthesia and intubation...yikes! Anyway, that's my plans for the month of June.

No comments: