Monday, November 20, 2006

Pissing on the floor

OK, the Thanksgiving holiday is coming up, I can't find the remote to my TIVO (last seen in the possession of wee one 4 days ago), my sister is getting married this Saturday, and I am bringing wee one on a trip to Las Vegas for the wedding, and what am I stressed out about?

One of my cats is peeing on the floor under/ next to the litter box. I don't know which one is doing it or how or why it is happening, but I can't stand smell the horrible odor of cat urine in the back part of my house. My DH is currently out purchasing a new litter box in hopes that this will stop happening and that his wife will stop being in a pissy mood.

One of the cats had a bladder blockage a few years ago, but the symptoms did not include peeing on the floor near the box. They seem healthy and normal as usual so I have no idea what is going on.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm not sure if this will make you feel any better, but I let Smacky run around naked tonight - which thrilled him to no end - but the fun ended when his face got red and he up and decided to poop right on the floor. So you're not alone. Not really, anyway.

I don't know cats that well so I don't have any assvice. Just thinking that your situation is icky, and I totally understand why you'd get pissy.

Anonymous said...

I HATE that. If a dog pees on the floor, it's a total accident, but with CATS it seems like a willful misuse of their power. Cat pee is so VEXING, I completely support your subsequent bad moods.

I think Stan's been peeing on the shoes again, and it's filling me with RAGE each time I get a whiff.

Anonymous said...

you've got to really clean it with a special pet-odor remover so the cat doesn't associate that area with peeing anymore... we had that problem briefly, it was because we changed litter on the cat and she didn't like it, switched back... still used the floor - cleaned the floor, went back to using the box.