Monday, January 05, 2009

Return to normal

The last few days have been really relaxing. I suspect it has to do with the new year and the turmultous (sp?) end of 2008. The high risk pregnancy, dh's diverticulitis, the birth, the holidays, etc...we survived and are blessed indeed. I have come to terms (and dh has too) as to how much I can handle without turning into crank b*tc* woman. Wee one has chilled a bit and I have to remember to really give her my full attention whenever I can. It is not so much that my attention is on MSB (who gets ignored regularly), but that I want to do other things like cook supper and reply to an email from a friend or try to get a wiggly baby latched on without someone shreiking in my ear to do something else. sigh.

But overall I have a better attitude about everything and am trying to go with the flow. My dh is very laid back and has been very helpful...basically when he comes home from work, wee one monopolizes his time until she passes out (sometime before 10 pm). We have given up begging for a nap in the afternoon and that has decreased the stress in the house considerably. My dear sis and her dh came for a visit this past weekend too and she has always been a calming influence on me. She always has helped me put things into perspective...she is 5 years younger, but has always been a very wise person. We cooked and make some really yummy things...she says I am her muse. The chocolate lava cake we made was really, really wonderful...it gave me some of my "mojo" back!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So glad to read things are getting better. It is very trying to find a new baby routine that works with a toddler in the house - in some respects, the toddler consumes more energy than the infant. And it's great that you can recognize your limit - that is still something I struggle with. Oh, and chocolate lava cake? YUM!!