Friday, January 16, 2009

Fashionable again in a tight ecomony

The joy of finding a new wardrobe in the post partum period is often tempered by new body shape issues, leaky breasts, and currently a respect for the state of the economy in the this country. I was really looking forward to shopping for and wearing normal clothes again even though I really had a great pregnancy wardrobe this time. Body shape issues - I have been wearing out my stretchy pants and warm up suits. I have not tried on jeans or any kind of tailored pants because I know it will be a nightmare. Leaky breasts - patterns and things with vests/ jackets and the big box of breast pads my pal gave me. Economy - I have been rediscovering my closet and mixing up things that I never thought about. I have picked up a few things on the clearance rack at T$rget and JC P&nney.

My maternity clothes are all given away (I was just sick of looking at them and having them take up space in my closet). I did splurge on some cool ankle boots, bought online while I was pregnant and a cute pair of flats from Walma^t that were only $12. I did drop some dough on some nursing tops that I actually have not worn yet...for some weird reason I got sleeveless ones....what was I thinking? It's January!!! I also spent some cash on bras...comfy, comfy, organic cotton that are so awesome for nursing, etc. I hate wearing bras so these have been wonderful. Of course, I had to get the new mom's accessory --- the diaper bag and I found the perfect one for me after getting one that wasn't.The new one is by Kipling and is in my favorite color, purple. It is nylon based so it is amazingly light weight. The front folds out into a diaper changing pad/ station. It reminds me of those purses they used to sell on TV when I was a kid..the front flap folded out and held all your money, credit cards, etc...back then I thought that in beige nylon was so awesome. It's funny I got a real diaper bag as with the 1st baby I received 2 fancy ones (too heavy, too small respectively) and ended up using an old nylon tote from Le Sportsac I got at a garage sale for $3. So that's the latest on post partum fashion in my world.

No comments: