Friday, October 10, 2008

Moo

I put on a bigger pair of maternity pants I found yesterday and turned and saw myself in profile. Yes, it's moo time. I think I am a little melancholy as I am quite sure this will be the last time I am pregnant as I am going to hang it up after this one. I had lunch with a friend yesterday and she actually asked if I was going to get my tubes tied. That is just too wacky a concept for me after all the infertility stuff. Even though this one was not hard to begot, I had unprotected sex for 3.5 years after wee one without any signs of pregnancy. But, anything can happen. I know I don't want to have a baby in my 40s. Surgery just sucks for me. After my big surgery last year and my super crappy reactions to anesthetics, I am like "ICK!" These thoughts I must ponder...

2 comments:

Irish Girl said...

Birth control of any form seems like a strange topic for the infertile woman. It's a sensitive thing, too, given all the emotional turmoil we've been through with it. To prevent the conception of any possible child just seems so sad to me -- even though the chance of that is so low. I guess I'm just saying I understand about that piece of your feelings written here.

Hope the Moo stage (cute!) isn't too tough for you. It certainly seems like it would be uncomfortable. Worth it all the same, but still.

Erica Kain said...

Hey pal, moo indeed!

When I had to have the C-section with Gigi, everyone kept asking me if I wanted to have my tubes tied while they were in there. It was like they were EAGER to tie some TUBES.

Then I wondered afterward, "What? Do I LOOK OLD? Do I look like a person who would want her tubes tied?"

So anyway, this is all to say that you might be able to spontaneously tie them tubes, if you really want to. They're just itchin to do it!! :-)