Monday, August 25, 2008

Spoiled

I never realized how spoiled I was until today. I usually toodle off to work somewhere around 8:30-8:45 and it takes me about 10 minutes to get from door to door. The babysitter comes and I only have to concern myself with getting my own body fed, dressed, and to work.

Today, I woke up 1/2 hour early (after an anxious night of sleep) and got Wee one dressed, combed, watered, and out the door with a granola bar into the car. We drove 20 minutes to school in heavier than usual traffic and I dropped her off. I (wisely) chose to take a day off from work today and met a fellow mom friend for breakfast. I was a bit emotional watching Wee One being led into school by a bigger girl and a teacher. I mean she has been going to mothers day out and I was coming to get her in 3.5 hours, but still the same, I got teary as she smiled and waved at me. Starting tomorrow, my dh and babysitter will be mostly doing the driving duties so it probably won't be as hard.

No comments: