Tuesday, August 19, 2008

My little rebellion

OK today is one of those check my blood sugar days. Everything was pretty good until the after lunch one. I hardly ate anything!!! A lean cuisine, a 1/2 cup of hot and sour soup and a handful of trail mix. Then I got a post prandial sugar (2h) of 140!!! In rebellion and hunger, I ate a banana with a dollop of hot fudge and a scoop of Blue Bell homemade vanilla ice cream for my afternoon snack. Then I got a sugar that was perfectly fine. So, I am going to blame the lean cuisine...

I haven't really been hungry this pregnancy except at the very, very beginning. I remember being at a hotel and just mooning over the breakfast buffet and eating every dollar's worth of food. Then the 1st trimester barfing ensued so I lost all my appetite. That calmed down but I wasn't really that hungry. The last week I've had a few days where I am hungry but have been a bit limited by my room available in my belly. I have gained about 5 pounds so far so I have more to go. It is just freaking hard to eat enough calories without going over my carb limits. There is only so much cheese I can eat without being really, really grumpy / constipated.

No comments: