Saturday, October 27, 2007

Dinosaur

For the Halloween cakewalk at church, I brought some cupcakes I made with the help of wee one. (Betty Crocker, but hey, still from my kitchen) As I set down my chinet plate of chocolate delights with their messy frosting, but quite delicious, I noted that most of the rest were beautiful store bought creations of halloween perfection. Spiders! Jack o lanterns! Cupcakes with fluffy buttercream frosting in fall colors! Poor kid who will win my plate would be bummed out totally.

Now, I did think about running to the store for mine too, but we bake just about everyday due to wee one's love for making "eggies." I feel like a dinosaur and I am sure on the flip side, if I had bought one, I would notice all the homemade stuff. I never seem to get it quite right, but they still seem to like me! Then tonight, I saw the little girl who won my plate happily running around with them, chocolate frosting around her smiling lips.

2 comments:

Erica Kain said...

It's not fair to bring something storebought to a cakewalk! It's not called a cakewalk because it's easy to buy stuff at the store!

But I love that the winner was relishing your frosting -- excellent.

Anonymous said...

HUH! I wouldn't even think to buy something for such an occasion - I would do just what you did...
and I can just envision the smiling frosting face - makes it all worth it!