Saturday, October 13, 2007

My Wee One

I got back to my home airport today and came down the escalator to the baggage claim. At the bottom I saw dh and then wee one holding his hand. Then, she let go and started running towards me, yelling, "Mommy!" I got to her and I started getting tears in my eyes as I wrapped my arms around her. I couldn't even move for a few moments. I regained my composure and told me dh I missed him too. I thought, "How could I have left her, even for a moment?" Tonight I got a welcome home I took my diaper off instead of going to sleep and then I had a poo in my crib but I picked it up to try to throw it out but kept yelling "Stinky Mommy!" Stinky indeed.

1 comment:

Erica Kain said...

What a good welcome home -- both sides of toddlerdom -- the happy, huggy side, and the POOP side, all at once. Welcome home, Mommy!