Monday, September 10, 2007

I can be a bigger, more persistent PITA

I know I shouldn't raise my blood pressure late in the day, but I logged onto my credit card website to pay bills this month and there was a late fee!!! I always, always pay my bills on time. I never got a statement this month. Nada. I called the company to see why they didn't send a statement and they said they did. I also had a email alert system set up which also did not send me a message. Anyhow, after being on hold 4 different times and different "supervisors" the fee was dropped ($40!) and I still didn't get to talk to anyone or get an explanation of why I didn't get a statement or email from them. Interestingly, I never came out and said "I want you to waive my late fee." I only said that I wanted to know why they didn't send me a statement or an email to let me know that the payment was due. The website has personalized alerts and my info is all in there, but interestingly, when I hit the "show history of alerts" button, it says "No alerts for the last 30 days." So obviously something is wrong with their website, but I can't seem to talk to anyone about it. I was looking for a place to send an email and didn't find one. So much for being a national bank/ cc company. Must have this kind of call more often than not.

Anyway, I was correct and also trying to help them, but they didn't really have anyone working there that was listening to me. Sad.

No comments: