Thursday, August 23, 2007

Lazy calmness

I have been floating through these last 2 weeks feeling lazy and calm. I feel like something should be happening. When actually, nothing much should be happening right now after what I have been through this summer. I have even been having fantasies of getting pregnant but then I swing to the other extreme of thinking I'll be quite happy with one, esp after a really heavy AF came last weekend.

One of my friends reminded me today, hey you went though major surgery 2 months ago and even though your scar is healed on the outside, you are still healing on the inside. She told me not to forget to take care of myself. I am taking baby steps towards that still. My new resolutions:

1. No ironing. I hate ironing. I love ironed things. My dh has made the decision to take our wrinkly things to the ironing store.
2. I will use the microwave more to make simpler meals. Takeout food is another realistic option that I will exercise without cringing at the expense and sodium content.
3. I will delegate, delegate, and delegate as much as I can at work and in my extracurricular activities.

I guess this is what I was wondering about concerning any life changing events that my tumor experience has brought me.

1 comment:

Erica Kain said...

Hooray for you! I envision a world where we all stop ironing, by the way. I stopped about five years ago, and I am shocked and appalled whenever anyone suggests it.

It sounds like this good feeling is something of a "silver lining" around all the pain and agony of the tumor experience. And I'm happy for your calmness!