Saturday, August 11, 2007

More tricks to portray myself as the perfect housewife

I was tuning in to my current favorite show, "Top Chef" last week and they had to create a frozen entree. They got a bag of Bertoli pasta meal to examine before they started. Of course, the gullible consumer I am, did what the producers and sponsors wanted me to do. As I was cruising the aisles of Wally world yesterday, There on the end cap was a big selection of the pasta entrees. Well, at $5.97 I thought, hey why not, I'll try it. It was simpler than I thought. You open the bag, dump it into a big non stick skillet, put a lid on it, stir it half way through, and in 10 minutes you are serving and eating. There was plenty to serve me, dh and wee one with leftovers. Very tasty and high quality too. I would have liked more chicken, but for the price, it was really reasonable. I have had thoughts about making this kind of thing but after watching the Top Chef episode, where professional chefs were only able to make one successful dish out of 4.

1 comment:

Erica Kain said...

That's inspirational! I love creating meals like that, then passing them off to my husband as "home-cookin'!"