Saturday, January 13, 2007

Time to let go

While I have been excited to be moving to a newer, bigger house, there is a part of me that wondering if this is the right thing to do. The current house suits us pretty well but we are outgrowing it. It is a nice size but the layout and lack of backyard that were ideal 7 years ago when I was a single gal are now with 2 cats, dh, and wee one, and more frequent guest visits (grandparents) it is time to move. I am pretty attached to the currently house most days as it was my 1st house I bought, one of the reasons I got to know my dh (he was my housesitter for a month when I was away on fellowship), and there are so many good memories that have been made here.

I know psychologically it will be good for dh and I to buy a house together and it not be only "MY" house anymore. And I know that we will enjoy the new house with all its space and 2007 amenities and large backyard. For the most part the new construction has gone releatively smoothly other than me picking out a white color for the crown molding that now seems to have a purple tint (lavendar) and that we are going to be very, very close on the completion of the house before closing. Maybe it is just cold feet...ha,ha,ha it was like this before I got married! I'm going to keep praying about this.

No comments: