Saturday, January 06, 2007

Fun at the park

It was a bit chilly today, but with the sun out, it was really nice. Wee one and I went to bring lunch to dh at work and then headed over to the park nearby. I have been wanting to take her there, but didn't get a chance until now. It a newer park, built to be accessible to all kids so I wanted to check it out. Wee one played happily and slid down the slide with glee at least 8 times. She applauded another kid (bigger, older) when he slid down too. I looked around the park. It is bordered by the hospital where wee one was born to the south, my RE's office to the southwest, my OB's office to the east, and the high risk OB's office to the west. I last stood here when I was visiting wee one in the NICU one day, wondering about when I could bring her here to play. After the 10th time down the slide, I took wee one (crying all the way to the car) home. We'll be back.

2 comments:

Dee said...

It's like you came full circle in visiting that park today. Glad you were able to fulfill that wish and that wee one had a great time in doing so too :-)

Erica Kain said...

What a wonderful moment of life coming full circle. You described it so well, I feel like we were weeing there with you. (Not peeing, but weeing... which is Chebbles' verb for going down the slide...)