Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Bottle

The next to the last silicone Avent nipple has torn and been tossed into the trash. Now that we are down to 1 nipple, I am faced with the question. Do I go buy more nipples or just wait for the last one to wear out and venture into the the land of all sippy cups all the time? Wee One can deftly drink out of anything...bottles, cups, straws, stray 7-up cans my dh leaves lying around...etc. But here's the thing, the LEAST messy for her to handle is the Avent bottles that she has been using since birth (She also had boobie for 5 months but that is a distant memory...mammary?!!...hahaha, excuse me).

We have all the different sippy cups, but Mommy who likes to look for the easiest most convenient delivery system of milk esp in the AM when she is not awake yet, loves the bottle. She is almost 19 months and this would be a good time to make this transition. Much to my own mother's dismay I never made a habit of putting her to bed with a bottle...yes I just stick her in there, put the blanket on, turn off the light and some nights she cries....just a little and never for more than a few minutes. Most sippy cups are just glorified bottles in my opinion. The books are so unrealistic in the no bottle after 1 year rule, but I have felt like such a lazy parent for continuing to use them.

2 comments:

Erica Kain said...

Sometimes, when faced with nipple-ish decisions like that, I think... what would I do if this were my FIFTH child? I guess the answer would be either buy more nipples or just dump milk in your husband's discarded receptacles!

Anonymous said...

Call me lazy too then...Smacky's still on nighttime bottle feeds - it's part of our bedtime (and middle of the night) ritual and it works quite nicely - I know at some point it's got to end but I so like the way things are.