Saturday, August 05, 2006

Women at War

(Note: this is part of a comment I made on Frances' blog)

I am not sure if there is a word to describe what people go through for fertility. Brave? Desperate? Pitiful? Insane? Maybe some combination of all of these or at least one of these feelings at one time or another. The basic human desire to procreate vs. the reality of the limitations of one's health, age, social circumstances ($$) are at battle here. So perhaps it is a conflict, women at war. Sometimes losing,winning, suffering, wounded, and all that stuff that we are not expecting.

I think the pressure of success is even greater after a successful IVF. But all of us must find peace with whatever is next, be it another child or not. I am not sure how long that is going to take me to do.

No comments: