Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Confidence Killers

Parenting, while filled with some of the best feeling you feel in your life, is very difficult sometimes. It has been more difficult lately with these confidence killers for me.

1. Advice (ASSvise as I note many places on the internet spell it as!) from family members. "Oh, your child is clingy to you because you work and she doesn't get to be with you much"

2. Obstinate 2 year olds/ terrible twos. I have been at moments down on my knees praying for mercy/ sleep/ cessation of whining

3. Illness - the majority of family members sick OR body fluid spewing type of illness affecting wee one.

4. Babysitter flakiness/ illness - today I think a diaper I put on in the morning was still on when I came home from work

5. Developmental comparisons - you can make me shudder by saying 2 words to me, "TOILET TRAINING"

1 comment:

Erica Kain said...

If it's any help, we are nowhere with potty training, unlike so many of Chebbles' peers. Every time one of the other kids has an accident, I think, "See there? You started too young."