Monday, April 30, 2007

Sick of being sick

One of my favorite books as a child was, "The Sick of Being Sick Book." No wonder I went into healthcare! Anyway, I think it was one of those you order through the Scholastic book fair things.

Saturday, I woke up with no voice, well, a raspy, whispery voice, and just painful to do any more than that. I consider myself an introvert (less as less as I have gotten older and less inhibited/ more confident) but it was hard not to be able to talk / give orders to my dh esp (ha, ha, ha). I felt ok/ good energy level, etc., but would have a lot of coughing too. Yesterday was better, still coughing especially when I laid down in bed. I managed to get to work today and I would get coughing fits again esp around anyone who was smokey smelling or wore too much cologne. Especially after one really bad fit where I was coughing so bad I thought I would pee in my pants and was gasping for air, my nurse had had it with me. She came in and put the nebulizer machine on my desk and a vial of medicine for it, "TAKE IT" she ordered. Ok, physician heal thyself. Lo and behold it did help. Now I am an asthmatic in denial.

No comments: