Tuesday, March 06, 2007

It's all fun until someone gets bitten

Wee One and I were exercising today, me doing yoga and her lounging in her easy chair that plays soothing new agey music. I was finishing trying to bend my once flexible body into different positions (off balance tree, half open gate, barely a half cobra, and wobbly warrior pose 1). I finally laid on my back to rest phase and she came over to sit on my tummy and giggle. We sang songs and clapped her hands to "If your happy and you know it." On touch your nose she gamely played along and on the 3rd time we sang it she picked her nose and grinned mischeviously at me. She put her head to my chest and giggled. And then she BIT ME. There is just a thin layer of skin and connective tissue between world and my ribs. I managed to get her to let go and then I clutched my hand to my chest to go look in the mirror to see if I was bleeding or some vital organ was exposed. As I scurried down the hall towards the bathroom mirror, I ran into my DH who proclaimed it to be a love bite without any hemorrhaging. At least it is low enough to be covered by a shirt so people don't think I got a hickey.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah, biting, a territory with which I am unfortunately very familiar - seems whenever we're playing together and he starts feeling the love, he'll become overwhelmed by a need to take a chunk out of me. But man do those love bites hurt.

As to your previous post, yes and yes. Go for it. We're here for you.

BTW, Wee One is simply adorable.

Erica Kain said...

Oy, she bit you!!! Now that our Chebbles finally has teeth I'm counting down the days until I get my own hickey! But I have no clue how to react when it does happen...