Monday, December 04, 2006

Superbitchy

Yesterday I had a meltdown. It was the last day of Aunt Flo, dh & I went to Target for some early Xmas Shopping, I had a nice lunch, I picked out paint colors for the new house, and all was well. Then wee one had bubbly noises in her pants and I unwrapped them to be greeted with DIARRHEA. I undressed her and gave her a bath. DH came in to ask me if I was sure it was diarrhea and I told him I could take the dripping diaper out of the wastecan if he wished to see it. Then I started crying.

He, of course, was my dh, having witnessed a few of my hormonal imbalances once before was comforting and gave me hugs through the rest of the day even when I was really, really trying to bite his head off. He said I had been thorough a lot of things (sickness, foot injury, family gatherings) this past week. I babbled on about how much I missed the Christmases of my childhood church (as we attend his family's church, it is really, really different...no Advent, no candles, no music, nothing but a modern auditorium), and how I didn't think I could create the uber-Christmas festivals his Mom created (and still creates) each year...we have no tree as I gave ours away thinking we'd be moving by now and getting a new one. He reminded me that I was doing fine and that he didn't expect any uber Christmas festivals, etc. and that if it helped we could attend my style of church as needed. He is the best.

I am ok today after some sleep and candy and spending some $$ at the Nordstrom website. I think I was just worn out.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Holidays, new house, diarrhea - that will do it to you girlfriend. Big hugs and hoping that candy and shopping helped ;-).

Erica Kain said...

Your mood is completely merited. Diarrhea can do that to a lady. Oh, that dreaded SOUND...