Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Post-Christmas

1. I hate writing thank you notes. I have been raised properly and have this compulsion to write thank you notes. It is the right thing to do. While I agree with the sentiment and acknowledgement of another's thoughtfulness or generosity, I hate the chore of it. No matter how much I break it down. I think it has been worse since going through a 400 guest wedding and a 150 guest baby shower.

2. I hate overeating. Of course I want to try all the goodies that come with parties and dinners. And while I have a pretty good internal "it's time to stop" I find myself regretting a few things (or many things) I have eaten these last 2 weeks. My favorite hor derve so far...mushroom pastries by Nancy (frozen)....fungus have to be healthy, right?

3. I hate being on someone else's schedule. Family gatherings are wonderful, but I don't get much control as to when and what is happening like I do in usual life. Meal times, nap times, all are at the whims of traditions, family members, people who drop in, etc.

4. I hate the guilt of taking time off from work to do above things. I have to remind myself in the big picture, it doesn't matter how much I work, but how much life I got to live.

5. I hate being negative but this is one of the few places I can let down the fake smiles and cheer to vent it out. And, yes I feel better now...ready to get on with life.

No comments: