Monday, September 04, 2006

Labor Day

It is cold and rainy here today, quite unusual for this area this time of the year. The baby is napping, lunch is baking, clothes are washing, and life is peaceful except for the mild headcold I have.

I picked the latest avatar I have to show my nerdy yet fashionable side. The biology classroom was one of my favorite places in school. That was my alt career if I didn't go to medical school. I am not sure how long I would have lasted as a school teacher as talking to a crowd of people is fun, but it takes a lot of energy out of me. The summer vacation would have been nice. My 9th grade science teacher was one of my favorite teachers. She used to tell us the she was admitted to medical school and when she started she was married and became pregnant. She couldn't physically handle it so she quit and became a teacher and eventually had 3 or 4 kids (I can't remember). A few years later, I found out she had quit teaching and gone to medical school and is now a family doctor. I remember thinking, YAY for her, to get to live her dream.

No comments: