Thursday, September 14, 2006

All this freakin stuff

I, like many other people who have been newly blessed with children, have decided, with my DH, to move houses. This in theory seems to be the RIGHT thing to do now that we have acquired a little person and necessary accessories that go with raising her in the American Way. I have been excitedly planning and picking and it has been going quite well so far. Then I went out to our storage shed where we keep stuff we are not using and REALITY hit me. We are going to have to MOVE all this FREAKIN STUFF. And I am sure as we live in a new house that is 1000 sq foot larger than our current home, we will get more FREAKIN STUFF. I have many periods of simplfication and decluttering, and I try not to consume more than my share, but why do I need so many accessories to live? Ha, ha, ha....well, anyway, there's always the good old American tradition of the Garage Sale.

1 comment:

Dee said...

Oh, I so hear you! It's been almost two-and-a-half years since the husband and I (and now J) moved into our current home. Would you believe there are still boxes that we haven't unpacked?!

My approach to these unopened boxes is to say, 'well, I haven't needed or missed any of this stuff, so I guess I don't need it.' Needless to say, we've donated a lot of stuff to G00dwill lately...with plenty more to come. (I'd love to do a garage sale but the husband just can't be bothered and I can't go it alone!)

Good luck as you declutter!