Monday, August 16, 2010

Rookie Moms

I read a funny article last night about "rookie moms," you know those who stress about the minutae and blog about all the details of their little ones lives. Yeah, that's me I am talking about. But, as the article goes along, it says those rookies will turn into veterans and become jaded and tired and occasionally wanting to run away. I think I am in that transition period now, or at least I was this weekend. Bad enough to have me googling "mom burnout" last night at 9pm, looking for any nonstop flights out of my town on southwest, and finding this article. I certainly became sorry for myself...crabbily report to my dh...no one appreciates me!!! I didn't get to do any fun things this weekend!!! Wah, wah, wah...kind of annoying huh?! Weekends had been some good and some bad. I, of course, do a lot of it to myself. Cooking, cleaning, etc...but it has to be done sometimes.

I did learn an interesting tidbit based on this weekend's misadventures. Loulou got mad at me and told me I could not do things for her any more...like bringing chocolate milk on demand while she is watching tv. That only daddy could. Well...that's actually a good thing maybe. She doesn't seem that mad at me this morning!!! An article linked to the one above noted that previous generations of children were the staff of the family and today's generation of children were the bosses. I am not sure I like either comparison. I think we should be adults and kids and everyone pitch in whenever they can.

So here is a rookie-turning veteran mom, pondering over the minutae and generalities of my life as a mom.

No comments: