Monday, August 30, 2010

Mother Love

I have been reading the book Eat Pray Love again after seeing the recent movie and it has made me think about meditation. I used to do yoga classes regularly and enjoyed the movement part of it but didn't get much out of the meditation part of it due to my mind being too busy. But feeling a bit spiritually adrift/ radio silence lately, I decided to try a bit this morning. Just 5-10 minutes and not even enough time for some yoga before, but hey, I'm a mom on a busy morning schedule. So I am sitting in my room and trying to listen for God. This time I tried to be specific on what I wanted to know about. We are in the midst of exploring church congregations and I wanted some guidance about that. The word/ feeling I got was LOVE. Then my mind wandered over to my work schedule and if I should mess with it/ do less? And the answer I heard was USE YOUR GIFTS. Lastly, I asked for guidance about my family (my husband and my 2 kids specifically) and wow, I started to feel emotional, an overwhelming emotion of LOVE and DEVOTION. I wanted to hang on to the feeling, but it was fading as my furry kitty cat brushed across my leg and brought me back. So, maybe this was just a "popcorn" style meditation but I will keep trying to do this...less jabbering from me and more listening.

No comments: